10.18.2010

Welcome to the team: James Barton

The Basics:
Name: James Barton
Age: 20
Hometown: Kingston, Ontario
Resides: St. Catharines, Ontario
Year started bmx and why: I started racing BMX when I was 10 years old. A friend who lived across the street from me was the national champion for his age, and he got me addicted quick. There is no better feeling than cruisin' on a bike. By the time I was 12, I gave up racing for freestyle. More fun, more freedom.

Fill in the Blanks:
Being a part of the Action Village team to me means getting involved in a great action sports community.

The first thing I did when I found out I got sponsored was tell my house-mates at University. We had a guys night out and saw a live band, good times.

Thecomeupbmx.net is my favorite website besides ActionVillage.com

I would try to ride up a 20 stair for 100 dollars.

My favorite pros are Garrett Reynolds, Randy Taylor, Brian Kachinsky.

My favorite bike spot is my backyard mini. 4 ft quarters and a small spine, I learned flairs there haha.

Everyone should take time to enjoy nature. I love being outside. It is an essential part of my life. Throw in a bike and that's all I need.

My favorite thing besides BMX is music. I am a proud metalhead. I also love ambient instrumental music.

The last person I called was my buddy Marty, hoping he could give me a ride to the skatepark. He did, awesome guy.

Ryan Leech was my hero growing up and Garrett Reynolds is my hero now.

The best advice I ever got was don't let things pass you by. If you have an opportunity to try something new, take it! Life is about new experiences.

With my $1000 shopping spree I'm going to buy all the essential parts that must be replaced every once in a while.
-I am getting a few KMC 710 chains (lightest strongest chain out there in my opinion)
-Some fit FAF-K tires for the front and an animal for the rear. My favourite tire combo.
-Animal Edwin grips.They have a soft grippy feel that I have not felt on any other grip.
-animal plastic pedals
-a new cult seat post

And some big ticket items that I am looking at that I haven't had before:
-Cult stem and fork
-Kink Empire Revision C Frame, looks so nice.
-Premium whiskey bars, so I can throw barspins like Garrett Reynolds haha.




 Rob Seymour Photo
 Josh Allsopp Photo
Josh Allsopp Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment